How do I correct a duplicate Symbol for an acquired mutual fund with a different CUSIP?

I have encountered a duplicate Security Symbol for a mutual fund that was acquired by another fund with a different CUSIP. All of my previous transactions are now segregated from my current transactions and share totals, so I now have negative shares in the newer fund after having sold shares that exist in the older fund but are not in the newer fund. It seems as if I could edit the CUSID in the old fund and thereby combine all old and new transactions.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The CUSIP ID is provided by the financial institution when we download transactions. The CUSIP ID is assigned to a Quicken security when we match an online security to a Quicken security.   Quicken should prompt to match an online security to a Quicken security when the financial institution provides a security with a CUSIP ID that has not been assigned to a Quicken security.  If a Quicken security has been mismatched, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window and the Quicken security will become available to be matched to an online security when Quicken next encounters an unmatched online security.

If you have inadvertently entered transactions using an incorrect Quicken security, I suggest you replace the security in the transactions.