Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Accounts Summary Report: Net Worth

daffo
daffo Member ✭✭
I have accounts in both US dollars and in Canadian dollars. Since my most recent upgrade (Quicken for Mac Deluxe (Canada) 6.1.1), in the Accounts Summary Report, no matter which currency I select from the dropdown menu, the Net Worth shown is the sum of both currencies WITHOUT any conversion of dollars. The correct net worth for each separate currency can thankfully be found in the Net Worth report. But that does not excuse this bug in Accounts Summary, which is new.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Accounts Summary is one of the half-dozen remaining "old" reports which came over from the predecessor 2010-era Quicken Essentials, which provided the core code base for the current Quicken Mac. We've been told that the old reports, which have various limitations and bugs, will eventually be removed from the program once they can be accomplished via reports using the new reports engine that's been developed over the past 3-4 years.

I don't know if Accounts Summary will be modernized or will simply fade away, because, as you note, the same information is available in the Net Worth report. My  guess is that since they built the modern Net Worth reports, there's no reason for a separate Accounts Summary report, and that they will not be doing additional work to make patches to it. Accounts Summary has a number of shortcomings, including that the default report shows all hidden and cloud accounts (although you can turn them off and save as a custom report). Also, it only shows the data as of today; you can't see your account balances as of another datum such as the end of last month or last year. The Net worth report defaults to today, but can show account balances as of any other past date, which is much more versatile.

You may want to report the problem with Accounts Summary using Report a Problem under the Help menu. You won't get a reply, but it is the best way of making the development team aware of the issue if they aren't already.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Accounts Summary is one of the half-dozen remaining "old" reports which came over from the predecessor 2010-era Quicken Essentials, which provided the core code base for the current Quicken Mac. We've been told that the old reports, which have various limitations and bugs, will eventually be removed from the program once they can be accomplished via reports using the new reports engine that's been developed over the past 3-4 years.

I don't know if Accounts Summary will be modernized or will simply fade away, because, as you note, the same information is available in the Net Worth report. My  guess is that since they built the modern Net Worth reports, there's no reason for a separate Accounts Summary report, and that they will not be doing additional work to make patches to it. Accounts Summary has a number of shortcomings, including that the default report shows all hidden and cloud accounts (although you can turn them off and save as a custom report). Also, it only shows the data as of today; you can't see your account balances as of another datum such as the end of last month or last year. The Net worth report defaults to today, but can show account balances as of any other past date, which is much more versatile.

You may want to report the problem with Accounts Summary using Report a Problem under the Help menu. You won't get a reply, but it is the best way of making the development team aware of the issue if they aren't already.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993