One Step Update Running for More Than Two Hours!

Options
When I run One Step Update, it brings down the transactions and the usual amount of time (less than three or four minutes), but then it sits and thrashes the hard drive for over an hour about this time was over two hours. When I try to close Quicken it says that the One Step Update is still in process.

I called support last week, and we ran a super validate, uninstalled Quicken, got rid of all of the Quicken related files in all of the various folders, and reinstalled Quicken. It is still happening. I have to kill Quicken via Task Manager.

In making matters worse, as Quicken is doing this, is chewing up CPU and memory, so anything else I'm trying to do on my laptop takes a lot lot longer than it should.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SkierGuy,

I suggest that you try these steps:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Quicken ID & Cloud accounts";
    2) Click on "Sign in as a different user";
    3) In the box - type "YES" to sign out;
    4) Once you have signed out - you should sign back in using the same Quicken ID and password.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SkierGuy - If you have EWC connection accounts, open your PW Vault.  Does it allow you to edit the PWs for your EWC accounts?  Or does it say that PWs are "Not required" and you are not able to edit the EWC PWs there?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• SkierGuy
    SkierGuy Member
    Options
    Thanks, Boatnmaniac. No EWC accounts, only Direct Connect.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @SkierGuy,

I suggest that you try these steps:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" > "Quicken ID & Cloud accounts";
    2) Click on "Sign in as a different user";
    3) In the box - type "YES" to sign out;
    4) Once you have signed out - you should sign back in using the same Quicken ID and password.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SkierGuy
    SkierGuy Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thanks Frankx, that worked!

[Removed - Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.