Lost Transactions?

I have been entering data into my checking account register for about 6 weeks.  I just logged on to update the register data and most of the data is gone.  What has happened.  I did notice when I logged on that I got a program update. 

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @oliver60

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd I'm wondering if it may have created a new file at random. The easiest way to get everything back though should be to take a look and try restoring a backup. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know what you're able to find out. If this doesn't work we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• KarenW
    KarenW Member
    I have also lost transactions. I know they are there because I am able to reconcile to a current balance. The account summary shows a balance for that account as of April 2020, and any transactions I enter disappear after a few minutes. I see no filter or hidden account setting. So far I can only find one account affected.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • KarenW
    KarenW Member
    Thank you - i am a bit sheepish ! Used Quicken for a long time and niver set sort on the status column before! Not sure why it went back to April 2020 but all is well now!!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KarenW said:
    Thank you - i am a bit sheepish ! Used Quicken for a long time and niver set sort on the status column before! Not sure why it went back to April 2020 but all is well now!!

Sooner or later it happens to us all. When it happened to me for the first time, I had moved the mouse across the column header lines and accidentally clicked while moving across one of the header fields, on the way to a menu bar item ... Oops! Clicking the Date column header resolved the issue for me. :blush: