Quicken for MAC reports & Excel

I need to create a tax report for my accountant. I am able to create the report in CSV format, and that creates a nice spreadsheet in Numbers. Problem is that my accountant uses Excel. Every time I try to import the CSV file into Excel, I get a jumbled mess. Is the CSV format the problem? Is it possible to create a report on Quicken for MAC that my accountant or I can seemlessly import into Excel? Thank you!!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your problem is the fixed width setting. A .csv file is not in a fixed width. "csv" is an acronym for "comma separated values". In the Excel import screen, selected comma delimited, and it will import fine. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• rlbyer
    rlbyer Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Rick O. I am using the current subscription version of QMac. The stepsI take are creating the report in CSV format. If I double click the CSV file, it opens Numbers and is imported. If I don't double click on the CSV file but instead open Excel and try to import, it detects that the file is "fixed width" and then gives me a series of options that I do not understand, and no matter what I do I end up with a mess. Thanks for your help - much appreciated.
  • jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your problem is the fixed width setting. A .csv file is not in a fixed width. "csv" is an acronym for "comma separated values". In the Excel import screen, selected comma delimited, and it will import fine. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • rlbyer
    rlbyer Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jacobs! That worked. I had to answer to other queries from the import "wizard," but I guessed them correctly and all fell into place. I appreciate the help.
This discussion has been closed.