Problems with Citibank Visa Download

Options
I am having continual problems with downloads from Citibank for my Visa account. Over the last 7 days the account has been reset 4 times in order to get current transactions. There have been various errors such as CC-501 which I have followed with a reset. Everything appears normal until the following day and the account will not update. What's next?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe the Citibank connection method is EWC and Citbank's EWC connections have a long history of OSU issues.  Have you considered upgrading your connection method from EWC to DC?  DC is a superior connection method and it can be obtained for Citi credit cards for free via the following process:
    1. Set up an online account at Citi.com (instead of Citibank.com) and link your Visa card to it.
    2. Once your Visa account is set up there, go to Manage Your Desktop Apps in your online account and add access for Quicken.
    3. Deactivate your Visa account in Quicken and then reactivate it (via Set Up Now on the Online Services tab of Account Details or via Add Account) with the Citi Cards link instead of the Citibank link.  
    4. During the set up process be sure to Link the download to your current Visa account in Quicken when prompted to avoid Quicken setting up a new account for it.
    5. During the set up process there might be transactions entered into your register that are duplicates of transactions that were previously entered.  If this happens it will be a 1X occurrence and generally the duplicates will be no more than 90 days prior, often much less than that.  If there are duplicates they will need to be manually deleted.
    Once complete, your Visa card will be set up for DC and your OSU updates will be very fast (just a very few seconds) and reliable.  It is the connection I have and I rarely have any issues with it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Jeffrey said:
    Now it tells me that it is Quicken server error do not contact Citi.
    That's pretty much what CC-5XX errors are.  The Alert referenced above is still in effect.
    If you have Citi credit cards, did you try setting them up for DC with the Citi Cards link per my last post?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe the Citibank connection method is EWC and Citbank's EWC connections have a long history of OSU issues.  Have you considered upgrading your connection method from EWC to DC?  DC is a superior connection method and it can be obtained for Citi credit cards for free via the following process:
    1. Set up an online account at Citi.com (instead of Citibank.com) and link your Visa card to it.
    2. Once your Visa account is set up there, go to Manage Your Desktop Apps in your online account and add access for Quicken.
    3. Deactivate your Visa account in Quicken and then reactivate it (via Set Up Now on the Online Services tab of Account Details or via Add Account) with the Citi Cards link instead of the Citibank link.  
    4. During the set up process be sure to Link the download to your current Visa account in Quicken when prompted to avoid Quicken setting up a new account for it.
    5. During the set up process there might be transactions entered into your register that are duplicates of transactions that were previously entered.  If this happens it will be a 1X occurrence and generally the duplicates will be no more than 90 days prior, often much less than that.  If there are duplicates they will need to be manually deleted.
    Once complete, your Visa card will be set up for DC and your OSU updates will be very fast (just a very few seconds) and reliable.  It is the connection I have and I rarely have any issues with it.

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does not work.   Still can not connect.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Jeffrey said:
    Does not work.   Still can not connect.
    If your account(s) is EWC:  There is a significant issue with EWC at this time as is noted in the posted Alert (NEW 2/19/21 One Step Update Delays Followed by CC-501 Error).  Bookmark it if you want to be kept informed of developments by clicking on the start to the right of the Alert post title.
    This issue does not affect DC.  If you want to get a better (a lot faster, more reliable), you might want to consider setting up a DC connection with the Citi Cards link instead of with the Citibank.com link.  (But this Citi Cards DC link works only with Citi credit cards, not Citibank checking or savings accounts.)

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Jeffrey said:
    That's pretty much what CC-5XX errors are.  The Alert referenced above is still in effect.
    If you have Citi credit cards, did you try setting them up for DC with the Citi Cards link per my last post?

• bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried a variation of this post to get my Citibank Card updating again. For me, I had to disconnect the account in Quicken. Go to the http://citi.com/datamanagement site and sign in to my account. From there it opened a 10 minute window to allow me to go back into quicken and reconnect the account. I did try to reset the connection even with this 10 minute window and this did not work. I had to totally disconnect the connection and then re-add it. When I set it up again, I chose direct connect and entered my Citibank user credentials. Quicken linked my card and my missing transaction were downloaded. With that said, I know this post is for Windows and I use the Mac version. But after several weeks of downtime from Citibank, it was this post that got me started to find a working solution.