Memorized payee - different categories depending on bank account

Options
I have a rental property that has one of my bank checking accounts linked to it. I also have a checking account for personal use.

I pay the water bill for both my own residence and the rental property. The payments to the water company come out of one bank account for my residence and the other bank account for the rental property.

Naturally, these transactions need to go into two different categories. But the payee name is the same for both of them when the transactions are downloaded from my bank accounts.

Is there a way to set up two different memorized payees so that Quicken puts the transaction in a category based on which bank account it occurs in?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hello @jmrcrp

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

The ability to create memorized transactions or renaming rules by account is not currently available.

There is an Idea post available here that you can visit to add your vote. When an Idea gets enough traction it is forward to our development team for consideration.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recommend you use distinct Payee Names for these two payments, e.g.
    • Water Company {House}
    • Water Company {Rental Prop.}
    Set up and use Scheduled Reminders in each case and be sure to record each of these reminders BEFORE you download data from the bank containing these transaction confirmations. That should make it possible for Quicken to correctly match the downloaded data to the already existing register transaction.
  • jmrcrp
    jmrcrp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the responses. Quicken Tyka, I went to that page and added my vote.

UKR, that's a good suggestion, except that I don't think it would work in this case because the amounts are different every time. But I will give it a try. Thank you!