I have deleted a transaction in Quicken and it keeps coming back when I open the software

gosen83
gosen83 Member ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Investing (Mac)
I have read the previous posts on this subject and none of them work. I am on Mac OS 10.13.6 and am using Quicken 6.1.1.

I have tried to backup my file after the transaction was deleted and then I immediately re-opened it, synced, and the transactions re-occur. "Adding Shares" to an account that are not needed to match my online brokerage account. I looked for the Verify and Validate, but my version of Quicken does not have that under the <FILE> menu. Any other ideas? Thanks

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    As you've seen, there is no Verify/Validate functionality in Quicken Mac, because the modern database underlying the program does not need those types of operations. (That's a positive for Quicken Mac versus Quicken Windows, not a shortcoming. :) )

There are two places transactions can come from: (a) downloading from your financial institution, and (b) from data in the Quicken cloud if you use the mobile app or web login. I suspect the latter, since Quicken should discard transactions from a financial institution which a user has previously deleted. 

Do you use the mobile app and/or web login? If not, go to Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts and see if the big Sync button is on. If so, turn it off. Delete the transaction, quit and restart Quicken and update your accounts; does that solve your problem?

If the transaction comes back again, delete it, then go to Preferences > Connected Services and click Reset. Once complete, quit and restart Quicken and update your accounts. Is the rogue transaction gone?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gosen83
    gosen83 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately in both cases the transaction re-occurs. Sync is turned off and I have reset the Connected Services. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @gosen83

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we might have a similar issue if we try loading a backup and see if the same issue happens. I'll leave instructions down below if you're unsure how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Once you get the chance to load a backup try to see if you're having a similar issue with the backup as well. If so we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.