Entering Irregular Paycheck Pay Periods?

I am wondering if there is a way to enter a custom pay period for income. My spouse and I are teachers who are paid bi-weekly, except for over the summer weeks. Is there a way to specify the exact weeks for the year that we are expecting income? In the paycheck entry, it seems to only allow standard pay periods (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.).

The main purpose of this is for budget planning, to make sure we have enough saved to go through the summer before paychecks start up again in September.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately can't do this using the Paycheck reminders, but you can do it with a regular income reminder.  Actually in your case you will need two.

First to get started you will need to see what the paycheck is actually entering because it has hidden category splits for 401k/403b transfers.

Right click on a paycheck the is entered into the register and select Add reminder.
    This will bring up the Add Income Reminder dialog with it prefilled with the proper split information.  From there you can put a proper start date and an ending date.  That will get that one setup.  Do the same for starting another income reminder after the summer break.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately can't do this using the Paycheck reminders, but you can do it with a regular income reminder.  Actually in your case you will need two.

First to get started you will need to see what the paycheck is actually entering because it has hidden category splits for 401k/403b transfers.

Right click on a paycheck the is entered into the register and select Add reminder.
    This will bring up the Add Income Reminder dialog with it prefilled with the proper split information.  From there you can put a proper start date and an ending date.  That will get that one setup.  Do the same for starting another income reminder after the summer break.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.