Group by Category, and Sub-Group by Payee --- PLEASE!!!

Options
toddz
toddz Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Mac)
The new reports are so frustrating!

In the OLD reports, a "Transactions by Category" report used TAGS to SUB-GROUP the transactions:

- Shopping
- - Macys
- - Target

But the NEW reports don't do that. I'd need to create a sub-CATEGORY for every tag.

But really, tags themselves were a workaround for what I REALLY want:

Group by Category, and Sub-Group by Payee

That way I wouldn't need to bother entering tags!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is an existing idea thread for subtotals in reports. Please take a minute to visit the page and add your vote. (In the blue box under the first post, click the little gray arrow under the vote counter.) This idea topic has 124 total votes (counting the "legacy" votes from the prior community platform) -- more votes will help us push this topic with the developers.

Please also copy-and-paste your comments from above in that thread. The developers pay attention not only to votes but the reasons why people want certain features. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There is an existing idea thread for subtotals in reports. Please take a minute to visit the page and add your vote. (In the blue box under the first post, click the little gray arrow under the vote counter.) This idea topic has 124 total votes (counting the "legacy" votes from the prior community platform) -- more votes will help us push this topic with the developers.

Please also copy-and-paste your comments from above in that thread. The developers pay attention not only to votes but the reasons why people want certain features. 
  • jacobs
    Options
    Meanwhile, there is somewhat of a way to get a report along the lines of what you're looking for, although not in the format you describe.
    • On the reports menu, select Create Summary Report
    • Select Rows=Category
    • Select Columns=Tag
    • Continue to Customize
    • Set your data parameters, such as Last 12 Months or This Year
    • If you wish to limit the report to certain categories or certain accounts or certain tags, set those filters
    • Generate the report
    The resulting report lists all your categories down the page, and all the tags going across, with a total for each category at the far right. (If you have a large number of tags, it can make for an unwieldy-looking report; it's probably easier to use if you limit the number of categories or have relatively few tags.) This report is a summary, so you're not seeing every transaction -- but you can click on any value in any row and column to get a drill-down report of the transactions comprising that amount. 

I know this isn't the report format you described, but it might help in some cases while ewe wait for more report options. 
This discussion has been closed.