Quicken Deluxe - is there an audit trail report/function?

I am using Quicken Deluxe for personal finances and am unable to find an audit trail function or report; I have used Quickbooks for our business and am able to generate an audit report. Despite my best efforts, sometimes a transaction is inadvertently changed, causing my accounts to be out of balance. An audit trail/transaction history report would be really useful, but I am unable to find that in Quicken Deluxe.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken only has one way to "lock" transactions and that's by using the File > Set Password to modify transactions... function.  That doesn't really prevent a transaction from being deleted or modified - you can still do it - but because it asks for a password to make such a chance hopefully it slows you down and forces you to decide if you really want to make the change or not.
    Quicken is a retail-level "personal finance" accounting program and I expect that this is the best approach for such a product.  But using this function appropriately and consistently generally works well, particularly if you regularly prove your changes in Net Worth.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken only has one way to "lock" transactions and that's by using the File > Set Password to modify transactions... function.  That doesn't really prevent a transaction from being deleted or modified - you can still do it - but because it asks for a password to make such a chance hopefully it slows you down and forces you to decide if you really want to make the change or not.
    Quicken is a retail-level "personal finance" accounting program and I expect that this is the best approach for such a product.  But using this function appropriately and consistently generally works well, particularly if you regularly prove your changes in Net Worth.