Can I delete Turbotax data that was imported using the Tax Planner tool

I have imported turbotax data into the tax planner that I want to delete. Is this possible?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I've never tried it myself, but there's this Reset menu in the Tax Planner:
    Even if the imported data was incorrect, you should be able to select other data sources for each category, e.g.,
    to override / ignore TurboTax data.
    Can you give us more information about the imported data and why you'd want to get rid of it?
  • Brad Nagar
    Brad Nagar Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I did see that but was too chicken to do that as I do have some other manual info input into the planner. Support also said they did not know how to remove the data.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, me too ... chicken, I mean.
    I'd just select another data source in each category, "User entered 0.00" until you have recorded register transactions or reminders for this year so the Quicken Data radio button is enabled and pulls in the correct numbers.
    If you have imported a wrong year's Turbotax, e.g., 2018 instead of 2019 or 2020, just import the correct year. It refreshes the data.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That reset to Quicken defaults doesn't clear out imported TurboTax data.  It just resets what you have selected for the data source and such.  There is in fact no way to clear out the TurboTax imports.

You can import over the data like @UKR says, but not just delete it.

As for why one might want to delete it, well as you can see I don't import TurboTax data into Quicken, and in the past I have had times where it would default to that value that I don't want.  Not to mention at times the tax planner has had problems saving my settings and so it would keep ending up defaulting to that old value.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.