Why do my Bill & Income Reminders keep disappearing?

Options
I noticed this morning after updating my accounts via one step update, all of my longstanding Bill & Income reminders have dissappeared. I had to restore a back up file from several days ago to restore them. But when I updated the backup file to register my latest transactions the reminders are gone once again. What's going on? I've had some of these reminders for YEARS

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts and enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue but, for now, before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Boobndoob said:
    @Sherlock I don't use the cloud feature of Quicken. Does the program automatically upload my data, but I just don't use it?
    Every Quicken file has a cloud account even if we have never enabled Sync or identified accounts to sync to the Quicken cloud.  We cannot prevent Quicken from synchronizing some of the data.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts and enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue but, for now, before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

• Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock I don't use the cloud feature of Quicken. Does the program automatically upload my data, but I just don't use it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Boobndoob said:
    Every Quicken file has a cloud account even if we have never enabled Sync or identified accounts to sync to the Quicken cloud.  We cannot prevent Quicken from synchronizing some of the data.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-cloud
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken help insisted that my datafile was corrupted, so fortunately I had a relatively recent backup that had valid reminders and restored that. Still a major pain in the you-know-what, but at least I'm back in business.
This discussion has been closed.