Credit Card account will not reconcile

Beginning last month, one credit card account will not balance. The displayed "Cleared Balance" does not match the register balance of all Reconciled/Cleared transactions. My register balance and the downloaded account balance from the financial institution match. The amount of the difference does not match any specific transaction. All transactions in my register match the credit card statement.

I am running subscription Quicken in Win10

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The Cleared Balance is the sum of all of the transactions in the register marked as reconciled and the transactions checked in the Clr column of the reconcile window.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164953/faq-how-does-quicken-determine-which-transactions-qualify-for-a-reconcile
  • Problem Solved! The article did it. During the mid- January download, it included transactions from both 2020 and 2021 - as would often happen. In this case, all the transactions showed a 2021 date, even with a December month. I changed the date in the register, but was unaware of this "hidden" download date. Following the directions in the article, I was able to change the download year to 2020 on 6 transactions. Then the reconcile process ran fine.

I have no idea why it only happened this year and only for one credit card - but glad to have it resolved.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.