Wrong categories applied to repeating downloaded transactions

Options
Charlie@
Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
For years I have been unable to get certain downloaded transactions to be categorized correctly. These are the same few payees every month (e.g. a utility bill) either in the account for my checking or the account for my credit card. This only happens for a certain few payees and continues to happen every month even after I correct the category every month.
And just recently I am noticing downloaded transactions that have previously been assigned the correct category - are now wrong. Example, this morning I downloaded a utility water bill that has been assigned the correct category for years, but today it was assigned as grocery.
Just perplexing how this can happen suddenly.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Charlie@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would take a moment to review the information available here on renaming rules. If you have previously worked with renaming rules, it is possible they will need to be edited or recreated to correct this issue.

You may also find the information on renaming rules of interest. The article is available here.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you encounter any issues.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am not using any renaming rules. None of these transactions are being renamed - they are assigned incorrect and seemingly random categories.
  • Charlie@
    Charlie@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I do have auto categorization on, however. But here is what I don't understand:
    If I get a transaction every month from the same payee, on or about the same day every month, and I categorize it every month to the same category, why does Quicken assign it to a different category the next month?
This discussion has been closed.