Incorrect search results

Options
I am retired and receive my annuity on the last day of every month, i.e. my March payment arrives the last business day of Feb. Various bills come due monthly, quarterly, annually, etc. For years, I have allocated within Quicken a pro-rated amount for these bills at the first of every month: for example I have a semi-annual insurance premium due in June and December. I allocate 1/6 of that premium in my Quicken transactions at the start of every month. In June and December, I delete those allocations and pay the premium. Previously, to ensure I'd made my allocations, I simply right-clicked the payee field, and brought up all entries for that payee, entering any needed allocations that were not in the results. Starting today, 27 Feb 2021, the allocation amounts for future payments are not included in those results. Only the allocations for 1 Jan and 1 Feb appear. They are now, apparently, automatically entered as "reminders," since they're predated 1 March and later and will not properly come up in the searches if I right click on anything BUT the 1 March entry.

This is a step backwards in usability. Can the "improvement" be undone, or a fix be implimented?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First off I'm a bit confused at the steps you are taking.
    You say you right-clicked on the payee field and brought up all the entries.
    Sound like you are missing steps here.  Right click gives you the context menu.  You would have to do other steps to get any transaction/entries.
    So what are those steps?

Also it sounds like there might be some confusion between regular transactions with reminders.

For some years now you can show the reminders in your register as if they were already entered, but make no mistake they aren't yet entered into your register, and any searches or reports won't show them.

If selecting the clock icon in the upper right of the register and selecting "Don't show reminders" makes them disappear from your register, they are just reminders, not a transaction entered into the register.  For them to show up in find/reports they have to be real transactions entered into the register.

Note also there is a "mini report" when you select this icon on the payee field:

This brings up this:

But as the "Last  3 years" suggests it is filtered from the present, backwards (all of the choices are "backwards")
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First off I'm a bit confused at the steps you are taking.
    You say you right-clicked on the payee field and brought up all the entries.
    Sound like you are missing steps here.  Right click gives you the context menu.  You would have to do other steps to get any transaction/entries.
    So what are those steps?

Also it sounds like there might be some confusion between regular transactions with reminders.

For some years now you can show the reminders in your register as if they were already entered, but make no mistake they aren't yet entered into your register, and any searches or reports won't show them.

If selecting the clock icon in the upper right of the register and selecting "Don't show reminders" makes them disappear from your register, they are just reminders, not a transaction entered into the register.  For them to show up in find/reports they have to be real transactions entered into the register.

Note also there is a "mini report" when you select this icon on the payee field:

This brings up this:

But as the "Last  3 years" suggests it is filtered from the present, backwards (all of the choices are "backwards")
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/