Business income not showing in budget

Options
Small LLC and trying to use the budgeting feature of quicken versus a spreadsheet. When an invoice is paid the category entry in the bank account shows a a transfer from customer invoices. This does not show up as business income and therefore is not tracked in the business income category and does not show under received payments in the actuals column in the budget. If I change the category of the payment to business income then the invoice shows as unpaid. I have the reports etc. setup as "cash basis", invoice line items are checked as "Taxable", the invoice category is set to business income, and the P&L report seems fine. Just cannot figure out how to have customer payments show up as income in the budget process. Same problem with the cash flow projection part of the quicken program.
Appreciate any input how to get this working.
Quicken H&B subscription.
Thansk
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @ukfigs

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you navigate to the budget and select "Budget Actions" then "Select Categories to Budget..."

There will be an option to include the transfers in the budget. The "Transfers In" will the positive amount is shown coming into the account in question.

Please let me know if this displays what you are needing to see.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @ukfigs

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you navigate to the budget and select "Budget Actions" then "Select Categories to Budget..."

There will be an option to include the transfers in the budget. The "Transfers In" will the positive amount is shown coming into the account in question.

Please let me know if this displays what you are needing to see.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.