Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Missing Split transactions tied to closed account

Hi all - seems with the latest patch, I am victim to the frequently mentioned issue where split transactions revert to [unspecified account]. I can fix this with the CTRL+SHIFT+S and edit transactions ... EXCEPT where they are tied to closed accounts. For example, my mortgage payment to an old mortgage has this issue - I can't edit the split to point the transaction to the right place, so my old closed mortgage shows a negative balance.

Is there any way to address this? I know I can't reopen the closed accounts to be able to select them in the split window.

Note - I only see this in transactions from 5/1/17 through 12/31/17 and only after the latest quicken patch that did the "sync to cloud" thing.

Thanks...

Answers

• Hello @KMC222

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It is interesting it's only happening a specific timeframe. I'm wondering here if we may be able to fix it by running a validate and repair. I'll leave an article down below and it'll be the fourth step listed.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find. Additionally do you use the mobile/web app at all? If we're still having issues after we'll take a look at that as well,

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• KMC222
    KMC222 Member
    I will try this. I did validate the file, but without the copy operation. I have already corrected all of the transactions I could edit - the ones without split items pointing to closed accounts.
  • KMC222
    KMC222 Member
    I completed the copy and validate operation. It did not correct my issue. My old transactions still show [unspecified account] in the split items, and old paychecks show all blanks when opened in the paycheck tool - even though I am able to edit those split items with CTRL+SHIFT+S.
  • KMC222
    KMC222 Member
    Also, I do not use the mobile or web functions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

@KMC222

Thanks for the update. Let's try something similar to what you did the first time but this time it will be a super validate instead. To do this you'll want to go across the top to file > File operations > (HOLD CTRL + SHIFT) click validate and repair > select  super validate and repair > ok.

Ideally this should give us a bit of a different result than the first one. Once you get a chance let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• KMC222
    KMC222 Member
    The super validate resulted in the same results as validate does. No additional information in the .txt file that was generated. There are some split errors - but none of the errors detected relate to the missing split line items.