Handling Options and Option Spreads

Options
roybman
roybman Member
edited May 2021 in Investing (Windows)
I trade option spreads regularly and have two issues with Quicken in handling this.
1) Every new option has a new symbol and cusip (not industry standard). Yet every time I download transactions involving new options, Quicken wants to match the security to a previous option for the same underlying security, with no regard to the different symbol or cusip. This is ridiculous, and causes me to waste a lot of time to, one by one, tell Quicked that it is not matching it correctly and that it is a new security. Why doesn't Quicken use the symbol and/or the cusip to do this match?
2) I trade option spreads often. When downloading expired options transactions, both the long side and the short side of the spread default to "CvrShrt" Action type. For the long side, this should be "Sold", not "CvrShrt", since it wasn't a short position. I have to manually change the Action to "Sold", enter the transaction, then manually delete the downloaded transaction. This is more than a little tedious and should not be necessary. Quicken needs to either fix this, or have an "Expired" Action type for Options.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @roybman

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend that you open Quicken and navigate to Help > Report a Problem.

This report will not receive a direct response but will be used for investigative and research purposes.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.