User guide?

Options
Of course I am used to issues with Quicken as a user for the last 14 years, but I have transitioned to an iMac. Along with the usual thousands of dollars off in accounts, where is one step update. What are the differences from Quicken for windows? Is there some sort of user guide? Totally confused.

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Help menu is at the far right of the top menu bar in Quicken Mac. See below. Are you in full screen mode? If so, you need to hold the cursor at the top of the screen to see the menu bar. If you don't see it, then you're not running the current version of QMac.

QMac does not update anything (other that quote downloads) automatically. You must trigger account downloads by clicking the circular arrow icon at the top of the sidebar, or menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Tony Dalia The thread @RickO is referring to is this one: 

Customizable home screen/tab

The good news is that it has been marked as "Planned" by the development team. The bad news is that we don't know when this will be implemented; some enhancement request come to fruition fairly quickly and others languish for years until making it to the top of the priority list.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    Options
    Clicking menu Help > Quicken Help, will take you to the top level in-product help system. That's about as close to a user guide as there is.

I don't use QWin, but I think what you are looking for as One Step Update is found a menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts, or clicking the circular arrow icon at the top of the sidebar.

The differences between QWin and QMac are extensive and varied and depend a great deal on which version you have. Might be best just to ask here for help in finding what you're looking for.
  • Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    On my Mac version, I cannot find the above mentioned menu>help. Best I can do is search support. Along with an hour on the phone with support, we did some "plugging" to get the amounts closer than a half million off. I still cannot find out if the online account update happens automatically when I open Quicken or I need to manually start it when I want it. Thank you.
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Help menu is at the far right of the top menu bar in Quicken Mac. See below. Are you in full screen mode? If so, you need to hold the cursor at the top of the screen to see the menu bar. If you don't see it, then you're not running the current version of QMac.

QMac does not update anything (other that quote downloads) automatically. You must trigger account downloads by clicking the circular arrow icon at the top of the sidebar, or menu Accounts > Update All Online Accounts.

• Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    THANK you! I need to get used to selecting the windows to get the menu bar.
  • Tony Dalia
    Tony Dalia Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am making good progress. I am trying to modify the look of the "home" tab. I would like to re-order the items displayed and their format. I cannot seem to find that, do you have any insight?
  • RickO
    Options
    Nope. There's really no customization available for the home page. Search in https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas-quicken-for-mac. I think there is at least one idea topic there related to customizing the home screen.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Tony Dalia The thread @RickO is referring to is this one: 

Customizable home screen/tab

The good news is that it has been marked as "Planned" by the development team. The bad news is that we don't know when this will be implemented; some enhancement request come to fruition fairly quickly and others languish for years until making it to the top of the priority list.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.