Complete fields using previous entries doesn't work.

Options
kimhburge
kimhburge Member
I called quicken, they made incident 8384571 after realizing completing fields using previous entries wasn't work. He said to check in community in 24-48 hours. I don't see anything about resolving the issue but first time user and not sure where all to look.
I looked in the category that is for when they fix something. Didn't see anything. Checked here, not finding anything.
Am I missing something?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like the first thing you are missing is a good support person.

Select Edit -> Preferences -> Data entry and QuickFill
    Make sure "Complete fields using previous entries" and "Recall memorized payees" are selected.

Next you need to make sure that what you are trying to recall has actually been saved.  Select Memorized Payee List.  This is the list that is used to fill in the information as you type in/select the payee.  Note that the information gets filled in here depending on if you have "Automatically memorize new payees" set on "Data entry and QuickFill" or if you select to memorized a payee manually (Ctrl+m is the shortcut for that).

And last (which might have been best to ask first) are you looking for this recall to happen while entering transactions (which what I gave above) or during downloading of transactions.  The same settings/list apply, but is slightly different.  Note that for a downloaded transaction payee to match that list the payee has to be exact, with the exception that it is case insensitive.  The payee renaming rules are used to "normalize" payees so that this is true.  Like changing "Safeway #$343434" to "Safeway".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/