Manage Hidden accounts, accounts marked for "Hide in Transaction Lists" are still visable. Why?

In the example all the accounts checked as "Hide..." still appear in the drop down for a transfer, even though "Show hidden" is not checked.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Quicken makes a distinction between accounts and categories.  We're able to hide the account but not the transfer category.  For example, the hidden account will not appear on the Transfer money wizard account pull-down menus (press Ctrl + Shift + T).  A trick to making the hidden account transfers easier to recognize is to rename them with a prefix that will force them to sort to the bottom on the lists.  For example: ZZ-
  • smvl808
    smvl808 Member ✭✭
    Has this changed in one of the recent updates? I'm using QMac. I have previously scheduled bills including splits with transfers going to hidden accounts that worked no problem until recently. It now skipped transferring them and I can't find these accounts in the category/transfer drop downs. I just read the "?" description of the difference and I'm still confused but it seems maybe I have to use "separate" to reestablish these transfers and then deal with the consequences however they may vary between hidden and separate. Is that correct? Thank you!
  • smvl808
    smvl808 Member ✭✭