Moving From Deluxe to Starter

I no longer have need for Deluxe. Only need to download bank and credit card transactions and have a few offline accts so thinking about downgrading to Starter. Do I need to uninstall Deluxe then install Starter fresh? I have generous backups so not a problem. Thanks for your support!

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To directly answer your question, no, you do not need to reinstall Quicken.
    You only need to re-register the program after the subscription level has changed.
    You do that by going to Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id and clicking on "Sign on as different user" and use you existing Quicken Id.
    NOTE: With Starter Edition, if your subscription expires, the program goes into READ-ONLY mode.  In other words, it becomes a report generator, nothing more, no more new information can be entered. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To directly answer your question, no, you do not need to reinstall Quicken.
    You only need to re-register the program after the subscription level has changed.
    You do that by going to Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id and clicking on "Sign on as different user" and use you existing Quicken Id.
    NOTE: With Starter Edition, if your subscription expires, the program goes into READ-ONLY mode.  In other words, it becomes a report generator, nothing more, no more new information can be entered. 

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list