Option Symbols not working

ncheels93
ncheels93 Member ✭✭
edited January 18 in Investing (Windows)
I am trying to manually enter (no broker download) an option I sold today. I am using the OCC format and it cannot find the option in search and does not download any history.

I entered what is shown below for an AT&T 03/26/2021 call option at $30.50. What I am doing wrong as it seems others have gotten this to work.

T 210326C00030500

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Option price quotes have been available in Quicken Premier and higher for more than 5 years using the OCC symbol format.  The "trick" is to create the security manually:

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    ncheels93 said:
    Thank you. I saw a similar post earlier and tried that with no success. I just tried again going from scratch and it is still pulling in no price history. I even tried to make both the name and symbol use the OCC option symbol and that did not work either. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Please confirm the Quicken edition is Premier or higher: Help > About Quicken

If so:

Press Ctrl + Y
    Select Add Security
    Select Click here
    Enter the Ticker Symbol as: T 210326C00030500
    Enter the Name as: AT&T 03/26/2021 call
    Select Next
    Select Done
    Select the AT&T 03/26/2021 call security
    Select Update

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Option price quotes have been available in Quicken Premier and higher for more than 5 years using the OCC symbol format.  The "trick" is to create the security manually:

• ncheels93
    ncheels93 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I saw a similar post earlier and tried that with no success. I just tried again going from scratch and it is still pulling in no price history. I even tried to make both the name and symbol use the OCC option symbol and that did not work either. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    ncheels93 said:
    Please confirm the Quicken edition is Premier or higher: Help > About Quicken

If so:

Press Ctrl + Y
    Select Add Security
    Select Click here
    Enter the Ticker Symbol as: T 210326C00030500
    Enter the Name as: AT&T 03/26/2021 call
    Select Next
    Select Done
    Select the AT&T 03/26/2021 call security
    Select Update

• ncheels93
    ncheels93 Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much, that did work for me. I believe my issue was that I was padding 5 spaces after the "T" per the OCC reference on Wikipedia. When I pasted in yours symbol above with just the one space it worked great. I noticed in your screenshot above in security details it is shown as a stock. Does it matter if you set that Type to "Option"?

Also, just for reference I am using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Year: 2020 / Version: R31.20 / Build: 27.1.31.20.

I really appreciate your help with this.
This discussion has been closed.