Why does manually refreshing a bill very repeatably corrupt reminders & biller? Or is it just me...

My very repeatable scenario -  

1)      Receive an email from both the biller and from Quicken that a new bill has been received yet doing a normal “update all” doesn’t pick up the bill.  Seems to always happens with Citi Costco Visa and Chase’s Amazon card.    

2)      When it still isn’t picked up the next day (and it never is), I do a manual “refresh bill” for that biller on the Bills & Income screen.  That says the biller has been added and awaiting a new bill, and the bill which clearly exists is still not picked up.      

3)      If I then do a rebuild and/or Super Rebuild on the file, it says Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Gives absolutely no clue which reminder among the dozens it might be referring to, which is not helpful.

4)      The scheduled reminders screen reveals Quicken created anywhere from 5 to 30 “empty” reminders (a status of “done”, a due date of “none”, an amount of $0.00, show in list 0 days before, 0 left, and a “how often” of “only once”).  The Bills & Income screen contains an equal number of “empty” billers/bills.  These are dated 1-2 weeks before the current date, and 3-5 “empty” billers per day.  Clearly there is a method to its madness, these are very tedious to delete manually, deleting the bad record from either place deletes it from both.    

Why would I’d do this if I know refreshing a bill corrupts the biller & reminders?  For many months the transaction downloads and the bills for these two billers just did not work well or sometimes didn’t work at all with cc-501 mess.  While Quicken was trying to resolve that and per support, I used this manual refresh of the bill or at times had to disconnect and reconnect the online account and create a new biller altogether.  These two credit card accounts have worked better for the last two months in terms of transaction downloads, but the actual bills are still not picking up even though they clearly exist.  For a second month now using the same support procedures from before, and find that now repeatably corrupts the reminders and billers system.    

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Larry4

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have done my best to recreate this issue but have been unable to so far. My internet bill requires that I manually refresh to retrieve the bill amount. I have added this bill and linked a reminder.

I have then refresh the bill and I have validated the file. I do see any mention of damaged reminders. To clarify, I am assuming that the "rebuild and/or Super Rebuild on the file" is referring to the validate file option. There is a rebuild option however, that is related to investments.

The Super Validate process also does not reveal anomalies to me. If you have not done so already, I would recommend navigating to Help > Report a problem to report and provide feedback on this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response, however, the information will be used for research and investigative purposes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Larry4

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have done my best to recreate this issue but have been unable to so far. My internet bill requires that I manually refresh to retrieve the bill amount. I have added this bill and linked a reminder.

I have then refresh the bill and I have validated the file. I do see any mention of damaged reminders. To clarify, I am assuming that the "rebuild and/or Super Rebuild on the file" is referring to the validate file option. There is a rebuild option however, that is related to investments.

The Super Validate process also does not reveal anomalies to me. If you have not done so already, I would recommend navigating to Help > Report a problem to report and provide feedback on this issue.

This report will not receive a direct response, however, the information will be used for research and investigative purposes.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.