Quicken Home and Business Windows to Quicken Premier Mac

Hi and thanks in advance!
I am replacing a former remote working employee who has passed away. She used Quicken 2009 Home and Business then I think the 2015 version.
I operate on a Mac and believe that home and Business is not an option for Mac, I downloaded Premium Quicken yearly subscritipion.
When I go to restore from backup the previous backup file is not available to select and import.
Is it possible to convert the file so I can use on my mac?
Many thanks!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hi @SaraPowder

It is possible to make the conversion, but my understanding is that it has its limitations - the biggest one is that it doesn't convert investment accounts (so those would need to be rebuilt manually).  Here's a LINK to more information.

Let us know if you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Frankx, I believe investments fail if you're converting from Mac ro Windows.

@SaraPowder, see: Converting Your Data (Quicken for Mac) | Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @SaraPowder  Just to make sure you're trying to start correctly, in Quicken Mac, are you selecting File > New? And then selecting "Start from a Quicken Windows file", and selecting the Windows data file? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.