How do I create a multi-year budget?

How do I create a multi-year budget? I would like to plan ahead for large expenses and see how much might be covered by expected income, so that I can make decisions today about how to position any cash that is currently available. I can only find a one year at a time budgeting tool on my Quicken Premier 2020 R31.20 for Windows.

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The budget view will only show a year at a time, same for the reports.  But you can have multiple years in any given budget.  To extend a budget it either backwards or forwards you just use these buttons (on the annual view it is by year, in the graph view by month, extending into a new year once you get to a month that has been created yet).   Note once "extended" then budget can't be "truncated", so be careful that you really want to extend a given budget into another year.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the Annual view of the Budget Planning tab you can extend the budget to the next year simply by clicking the [>] button, highlighted in yellow in this image:
    You do not (and should not) need to create a new named budget table (Budget 2 in above image) unless you want to test something without changing your currently active budget. Just extend the currently active budget to the next year(s). To switch between years, click [<] or [>].

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The budget view will only show a year at a time, same for the reports.  But you can have multiple years in any given budget.  To extend a budget it either backwards or forwards you just use these buttons (on the annual view it is by year, in the graph view by month, extending into a new year once you get to a month that has been created yet).   Note once "extended" then budget can't be "truncated", so be careful that you really want to extend a given budget into another year.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In the Annual view of the Budget Planning tab you can extend the budget to the next year simply by clicking the [>] button, highlighted in yellow in this image:
    You do not (and should not) need to create a new named budget table (Budget 2 in above image) unless you want to test something without changing your currently active budget. Just extend the currently active budget to the next year(s). To switch between years, click [<] or [>].
  • Judy
    Judy Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Chris and UKR :)
This discussion has been closed.