Unable to delete an account
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to delete account.
FYI.. I have the exact same issue.. I found a buried account and I cannot delete it0
Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that you're having issues with trying to delete the account. Do you have any additional information on what happens when you try deleting it? Is it an old account as well? Have you tried any troubleshooting as well? With more information we should be able to check what we're able to find out what we can try to get the account deleted. Let us know once you get the chance!
Every time I delete the account, the system synchronizes and the account is not only not deleted but is repeated in the accounts list. I now have several copies of the same account.0
@Thomas A Abrahamsen
Thanks for the update. That is quite odd then. If you wouldn't mind could we get a screenshot of what it looks like inside of your file. I'll leave an article below on how to take screenshots.
Note you may need to drag the photo into the response box to add it.
Once you've had a chance to upload a screenshot let us know and we'll see what we can try next.
I had the same exact issue. I had to rebuild from scratch as well as try to go to a backup to restore that was relatively old. The issue seems to have occurred around then the new synch system went into effect. It keeps restoring accounts that I had deleted. I went to an old file.. deactivated all my one step updates, DELETED the password vault, validated the file. deleted the online file.. then validated again.. exited.. started back up and then set up one step updates again.
It was remembering connections that had been removed. There was something that went wrong when the system changed and the file was converted. So far it has been critical to go back before that change was implement and try to update from there. Anything after the online synch change update continued to give error messages. I even got one referring to deferred income (0) error constantly when trying to update a checking account. I isolated that issue to the online account update. I literally had to turn off all synch.
note.. the same account will have a 2 then a 3 after the name.0
I am still not sure if this is going to work or if I need to use the file I have been slowly building from scratch. This is extremely annoying and has cost me a LOT of time.
So I literally am running two datasets right now to see which way I have to go in the future. I still haven't rebuilt the entire dataset yet either and I started over a week ago.0
This discussion has been closed.