Unable to add a "loan" account.

I do a lot of my stuff manually, not online. The program is not allowing me to set up a new account

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @goirishcarrs

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. We're currently looking to collect more information on the issue. If you could go across the top to help > report a problem and send in a sanitized data file as well as all the logs which should be equipped by default. In the subject line please put Mortgage loop.

Once you're able to report the problem let us know and we'll take a look at the logs.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens when you try to do so?  Any error messages?  Any repeatable behavior on the part of the program that's preventing this?
    And, what version of Quicken (Help > About Quicken) are you using?
  • Quicken Deluxe 2020 is verson.
    - I get all the way to creating the monthly payment reminder. It takes me to "Your Loan Reminder" and gets stuck in a loop. It won't save the options and it won't let me set it up without a reminder.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The behavior has been reported before and I'm not sure what's the state of the situation.
    You might create a new test file and try creating the loan and see if that works.  If it does then that suggests some problem in your "live" file which might be corrected by doing a validation and repair.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    [EDIT] - updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A -
    related to a LOAN account, and not just any Quicken account -
    not manual vs online access

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Hello @goirishcarrs

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. We're currently looking to collect more information on the issue. If you could go across the top to help > report a problem and send in a sanitized data file as well as all the logs which should be equipped by default. In the subject line please put Mortgage loop.

Once you're able to report the problem let us know and we'll take a look at the logs.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • dlmchugh1212
    dlmchugh1212 Member
    Unable to create loan account now, although I used to be able to create them. After you enter done it loops back to the reminder and won't let me out without cancelling.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @dlmchugh1212

Thank you for letting us know.  I believe we are still looking into the bug so I would recommend also submitting a report with the steps I have posted above. This will give us more information to figure out what exactly is causing the issue.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • kellykruger
    kellykruger Member
    Unable to create loan account now, although I used to be able to create them. After entering all data, the program loops back to the reminder and won't let me out without cancelling. Also, it keeps changing the banking account to a different account from the one I originally selected.
  • goirishcarrs
    goirishcarrs Member
    edited July 2021
    I finally got someone to help me on this, thought I spent over an hour on the phone yesterday. I had to create a new Quicken file from the File Menu with all of my current data and then open the new file. Then for some reason it would let me do it.

[Removed -Speculation]. I contaced Quicken about this problem about 3 months ago and never got any help from them. I am really busy during the week and only had time to work on this over the weekends when, of course, Quicken Customer Support is closed. I finally had some time during a week day to call their Customer Support yesterday. The first person that I was on the phone with for 40 minutes could not help me and then we got cut off. He did not call me back. So I had to call Customer Service again. After 30 minutes of trying things with the 2nd Customer Service person, we stumbled upon this solution.

But I do believe this solution will work. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.