Quicken Mac 6.1.1 hangs on quit/ BU

20202 Member ✭✭
Hi,
Suddenly my Quicken hangs when I change files and it goes to back up the file. I get the beach ball. I force quit and re-open the file, or another one. Same problem. It works until I quit. On one file it saved the entries. On another the entries were partial and the split balance didn't;t Summer to the sum in the window. Sine I can open the file I don't think it's my drive. And I haven't changed any permissions.
Any ideas
Tagged:

Answers

20202 Member ✭✭
    Sorry that msg posted before I was ready. Let's try again:
    Hi,

Suddenly my Quicken hangs when I change files and it goes to back up the file. I get the beach ball. I force quit and re-open the file, or another one. Same problem. It works until I quit. On one file it saved the entries. On another the entries were partial and the split balance didn't add correctly to the sum in the window. Since I can open the file I don't think it's my drive. And I haven't changed any permissions.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @20202

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering what's causing it. We may want to try reinstalling your Quicken to see if that might help us getting the program to work more efficiently.  I'll leave an article down below explaining how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/install-or-uninstall-quicken-mac

Once you've had a chance to try this see if we're able to get the program working better. Let us know once you've had the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @20202  A few other things to test…

• Does the problem occur if you Quit Quicken after making some entry or editing change? (We're seeing if the problem is with creating the backup or switching to a different file, so this removes opening a second file.)

• If you open File A in Quicken, don't make any changes, and then switch to File B, does that work? (This is the opposite of the above: no backup to be made, just closing File A and opening File B.)

• Are both your files on your local hard drive? That is, not on Dropbox or stored on iCloud?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    20202 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for all of your replies!
    All files were in local hard drive. Quitting and or attempting to open a new file both caused the hang. Some of the backups were written, which could explain why some of the files had the data just entered.

After several more forced quits after hanging, 10 minutes later, it just started to work again. It seems that part of my Internet connection was stuck. And there's something within Quicken that reports to "sessions.bugsnag.com" which might have been hanging. When my Internet came back, Quicken stopped hanging.

Voodoo?

Thanks again for your help.
This discussion has been closed.