Quicken on the Web fails to connect with Discover card

TomV
TomV Member ✭✭✭
Abstract:
The same credentials used to successfully login to the Discover website and to the Discover account in desktop Quicken do not successfully login to the Discover account in Mobile Quicken or Quicken on the web.
==================================

The accounts list for Quicken on the Web has an exclamation point beside the entry for my Discover Card. Clicking on the exclamation point brings up an "Update Credentials" dialog box with the Discover Card logo displayed. When I submit the same Discover Card User Id and Password that are successfully used to login on the Discover website and stored in the Password Vault in desktop Quicken, the web app returns the error:

"To connect to Discover Card, you must re-enter your credentials. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at Discover Card to ensure they are correct.
Care Code: ccscrape.103"

The credentials submitted, User ID and Password, are identical to those used to login to the Discover website and to connect to the Discover account in desktop Quicken (PC, R32.10, Build 21.1.32.10)

I first noticed the problem today in the Mobile version of Quicken, verified the same problem exists in Quicken on the Web, and does not exist in the desktop version of Quicken or on the login page of the Discover website where the identical credentials do successfully connect to my Discover card account.

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @TomV

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps here.

Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the error.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TomV
    TomV Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Tyka, that seems to have fixed the problem without the need to deactivate/reactivate the account. I had previously reset the account, but had not done the delete - sync - add - sync steps. That seems to have been the key to the problem.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @TomV

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps here.

Please let me know if these steps work to resolve the error.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TomV
    TomV Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Tyka, that seems to have fixed the problem without the need to deactivate/reactivate the account. I had previously reset the account, but had not done the delete - sync - add - sync steps. That seems to have been the key to the problem.
This discussion has been closed.