My downloaded transaction not working properly. Can't seem to fix the problem. Why?

stephenSTOSS
stephenSTOSS Member ✭✭
Somewhere along the last few updates, some of my downloaded transactions are no longer downloading. This seems to occur especially with some, but not all, transactions that are scheduled deductions on a monthly or weekly basis. Additionally, some of my memorized payees are no longer associating with the split categories that I created in the memorized payee section. I've tried to recreate the renaming rule ... no luck. I've tried to delete the memorized the payee and create a new one with split categories ... no luck. I am extremely frustrated.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @stephenSTOSS

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please provide the name of the financial institution as well as the connection type that is being used.

To confirm the connection type, choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your Account, then choose the Online Services at the top

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • stephenSTOSS
    stephenSTOSS Member ✭✭
    Tyka, my Quicken version is the Starter Edition ... no year is associated with version.

v.R32.10. Build 27.1.32.10.
    My bank is CapitalOne 360.
    Connection type is Express Web Connect+
    Any other information needed?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @stephenSTOSS

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would first sign out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know if you receive any error messages or transactions download.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • stephenSTOSS
    stephenSTOSS Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka
    I did as you asked. I did not get any error messages when I downloaded transactions. However, some of my transactions are still not associating the split category option through which I can split the transaction among several categories. Until Quicken changed the renaming rule input screen, I never had that problem.

I never had a problem with the old method of renaming rules, which would result in split transaction availability with downloaded transactions. The newer rule creation screen is very confusing and results in downloaded transactions in which the split transaction is not even available when the transaction is downloaded.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hello @stephenSTOSS

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further. 

Thank you, 
     -Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.