Can you / how do you see deleted transactions?

Can you / how do you see deleted transactions?

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unlike many database systems, and even Window's itself, Q doesn't move "deleted" transactions to a special "deleted" file, or to a Recycle Bin ... but rather it actually deletes them.
    Except for an immediate undo of the most recent delete ... there's no way to recover a deleted transaction in the file currently in use.
    A fair amount of research, as suggested by @Sherlock, is going to be needed to resolve your issue.
    You MIGHT, however be able to go back to when your Q account and your statements agreed, UNreconcile everything after that point, and REreconcile, month by month, to find any/all errors including missing/deleted transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.  There is a right click, undo delete but I doubt that is what you are looking for.  Restoring a backup is of course another option depending on the circumstances.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• markhuling
    markhuling Member
    Thanks. Yeah I figured. I was reconciling and I have a huge discrepancy and I believe it's from a deleted transaction(s).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you compare the running balance of the account register in the current Quicken file with the running balance of the account register from a Quicken file backup saved before the transactions were deleted.  One way to accomplish this is to print the registers to text files.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Unlike many database systems, and even Window's itself, Q doesn't move "deleted" transactions to a special "deleted" file, or to a Recycle Bin ... but rather it actually deletes them.
    Except for an immediate undo of the most recent delete ... there's no way to recover a deleted transaction in the file currently in use.
    A fair amount of research, as suggested by @Sherlock, is going to be needed to resolve your issue.
    You MIGHT, however be able to go back to when your Q account and your statements agreed, UNreconcile everything after that point, and REreconcile, month by month, to find any/all errors including missing/deleted transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.