The only way to add a new transaction

to a register is to enter it on the bottom - I think ?

It would be nice to have a "Write Checks" type window so that I don't need to lose my place in the register.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If you are in the middle of a banking register and want to insert a new transaction, type CTRL-I. A blank transaction will open at that location.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @[email protected]

If you are in the register and want to write a check - just use the "ctrl + W" shortcut and the write check window will pop-up.

Let me know if yu have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription Ver. 34.24 - Windows 10-Home Version
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• But then I gotta print a check right ?

I want to add transactions to my Checking and Credit Card registers without all the scrolling and printing.
  • UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Member ✭✭✭
    @Frankx I don't think that is what Steve is asking.

@[email protected] Correct me if I am wrong but I think you are asking if there is a way to use a dialog box to enter any type of transaction in a register instead of going to a blank entry at the top or bottom of the register to enter a new transaction.

This would be somewhat similar to the write check dialog but for any type of transaction.

As far as I known, there is no way to do this.
    Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • Yes

That's exactly what I was asking.

I think it would be a nice feature.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    If you are in the middle of a banking register and want to insert a new transaction, type CTRL-I. A blank transaction will open at that location.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • YAHOO ! ! !

Thanks