How can I move credit cards from Banking to 'Property & Debt' (Q Mac)

Options
bluemoonink
bluemoonink Member
I want to move all my credit cards to Property & Debt so I can view credit card utilization on a report. All the online help I've found only refers to Windows Quicken (got to 'Tools'/Accounts' and you can mofve it there). I cannot find any way to do this on Mac. Can anyone help or know how to do this? Any help is much apprectiated!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't move accounts to different groups or sub-groups in the left sidebar. The only thing you can do to control the order of accounts is to consider using prefixes to override alphabetical order (e.g. 1-Hilton Amex, 2-Chase Visa, 3-American Visa) -- but only within the subcategories to which Quicken assigns them.

There is a longstanding Idea thread on this site for an enhancement to allow users to create their own groups or otherwise re-order the accounts, and the good news is that the developers have marked this idea as "Planed" for implementation. The bad news is that we never know when a new feature will appear; it could be two months, two years, or more. (I'd note that this idea was marked Planned two years ago. The glass-half-empty view will decry that progress is glacial; the glass-half-full view will note that surely this must have risen near the top of the priority list by now. The reality is we just don't know, other than that the developers know of users' desire for this flexibility and have promised it will come at some point.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Unfortunately, the grouping on QMac is fixed by account type. You can't move a credit card account to the Property & Debt group.

That said, by credit card utilization, are you looking to see a graphical representation of the current balance vs the credit limit? If so, I'm not sure how having the account in the Debt section would help (since credit limit is not the same thing as loan balance).

However, if you enter the card's credit limit in the account settings, the remaining credit (or credit limit) can be displayed at the top right of the register:

This would give you a numerical picture of utilization. Unfortunately, this is not displayed in the aggregate at the Credit Card group level. The Accounts Summary report will also display the limit and balance for each card as a list (but not the aggregate).

You may want to hop over and vote for this idea post:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20169840/#Comment_20169840

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't move accounts to different groups or sub-groups in the left sidebar. The only thing you can do to control the order of accounts is to consider using prefixes to override alphabetical order (e.g. 1-Hilton Amex, 2-Chase Visa, 3-American Visa) -- but only within the subcategories to which Quicken assigns them.

There is a longstanding Idea thread on this site for an enhancement to allow users to create their own groups or otherwise re-order the accounts, and the good news is that the developers have marked this idea as "Planed" for implementation. The bad news is that we never know when a new feature will appear; it could be two months, two years, or more. (I'd note that this idea was marked Planned two years ago. The glass-half-empty view will decry that progress is glacial; the glass-half-full view will note that surely this must have risen near the top of the priority list by now. The reality is we just don't know, other than that the developers know of users' desire for this flexibility and have promised it will come at some point.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.