Downloaded transactions in register do not display in Reconciliation window

Mary G
Mary G Member ✭✭
:s OK, I am ready to throw Quicken out the window after 23 years. I download transactions from my bank (Chase). The transactions are on the statement from Chase. They are displayed in the Quicken register. I try to reconcile. Many transactions do not appear in the reconciliation window! This is true of both payments and deposits. Please, please help me.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mary G
    Mary G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so much. It doesn't fix it instantly, but after I go to another transaction, and then return to Reconcile, it shows up. Also, sometimes I have to copy and change the date a second time for it to "take." I so appreciate your help with this.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing a lot of people report this lately so I think "something" is going on.

Are you reconciling to the Online Balance?
    Is the account using Express Web Connect?

The theory I have is that the Online Balance and its date aren't updating properly and as such you can't reconcile to it.
    The reconcile window will not include transactions past the "ending date", which in the case of reconciling to the Online Balance is the date it has.  You can see the date in the reconcile window, by selecting Balances.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Mary G
    Mary G Member ✭✭
    I am reconciling to the paper statement, and I am using Express Web Connect. The missing transactions are not past the "ending date"; rather, they are in the middle of it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mary G said:
    I am reconciling to the paper statement, and I am using Express Web Connect. The missing transactions are not past the "ending date"; rather, they are in the middle of it.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164953/faq-how-does-quicken-determine-which-transactions-qualify-for-a-reconcile
  • Mary G
    Mary G Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you so much. It doesn't fix it instantly, but after I go to another transaction, and then return to Reconcile, it shows up. Also, sometimes I have to copy and change the date a second time for it to "take." I so appreciate your help with this.
This discussion has been closed.