credit card payment is not posting in the credit card account

I have posted the credit card payment in my checking account and entered the category as the name of the credit card, but the payment is not showing up in my credit card account. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Your community profile says you are using Quicken Mac 2017 but you have posted this query to Quicken for Windows.

Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• Jess Anaya
    Jess Anaya Member ✭✭
    I have a similar issue with Windows
  • Jess Anaya
    Jess Anaya Member ✭✭
    In my Bank account, it shows a payment to my credit card. In my Credit Card account, it shows a Category of Card Payment. Since Card Charges have the correct Category, I assume this is fine - TRUE?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your bank account showing the payment as a Transfer to the credit card account?  What is the category on the bank payment?  The category should be the name of the credit card account in square brackets like [Visa].  That creates an entry in the credit card account with the bank account as the category as [Checking acct].

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jess Anaya
    Jess Anaya Member ✭✭
    yes, it is as you describe in your last two sentences. Somewhere along the line, there was a change but I am now changing all such transactions to be as you describe. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.