How can I change the accounts showing in the calendar view?

Options
cemerick
cemerick Member
We I first used the calendar view I included both savings and checking. I would like to show checking only. Is there a way to change this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The "Calendar View" under Bills & Income tab -> Bills, Income & Transfers view is "not a full calendar".  Why they resisted putting the full calendar there for all these years is a mystery, but this "partial" calendar "view" isn't very customizable at all.
    These are its only options:

So you can't do even basic settings like deciding what accounts it should use.

At the bottom you will see a "Show Full Calendar" button.  This will popup a good calendar with lot of options including being able to select what accounts it shows.  This is the same calendar you with Tools -> Calendar (or Ctrl+K)

You can also add calendars to the Home tab.  And each of these are like the "full calendar" so you can customize them the same way, and you can even have multiple ones on your home tab each customized a different way.

@NomadDave is actually on:
    Bills & Income tab -> Projected Balances view, which is a useful view that can set what accounts are on it, but it isn't a calendar.  Personally I actually like this as a Projected Balances on my Home tab, which just has the graph part.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• NomadDave
    NomadDave Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes there is, mine initially showed all my accounts, and I only wanted Checking and Savings....
    If in the "Bills & Income" View (tab).
    Then under Projected Balances, there is a drop down to customize which accounts show on the timeline.

Hopefully this helps, and I am looking at the same thing you are.
  • cemerick
    cemerick Member
    Options
    I must not have the same view as you. However, I did solve the problem. Under the calendar view, I finally saw the gear icon and found a way to select the accounts I wanted to include. Thanks for responding. I appreciate your help.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The "Calendar View" under Bills & Income tab -> Bills, Income & Transfers view is "not a full calendar".  Why they resisted putting the full calendar there for all these years is a mystery, but this "partial" calendar "view" isn't very customizable at all.
    These are its only options:

So you can't do even basic settings like deciding what accounts it should use.

At the bottom you will see a "Show Full Calendar" button.  This will popup a good calendar with lot of options including being able to select what accounts it shows.  This is the same calendar you with Tools -> Calendar (or Ctrl+K)

You can also add calendars to the Home tab.  And each of these are like the "full calendar" so you can customize them the same way, and you can even have multiple ones on your home tab each customized a different way.

@NomadDave is actually on:
    Bills & Income tab -> Projected Balances view, which is a useful view that can set what accounts are on it, but it isn't a calendar.  Personally I actually like this as a Projected Balances on my Home tab, which just has the graph part.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.