Multiple OL-362-A Errors

After weeks of multiple errors when downloading from my brokerage accounts (Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, Merrill Edge, Franklin Templeton), many resets and deactivations, validations and super validations, restoring from backups, and reinstalling the program itself, I finally contacted Quicken support and was advised to open a new file and set up the accounts again. So I did that today. Quicken finds the accounts, stores the passwords, and... the same thing happens: "Your institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file."

I've been using Quicken since 1987, and I'm sorry to say it seems to be approaching a point of minimal usefulness and maximum frustration.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Fred C Dobbs

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud. 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web 

2. Click Reset your cloud data. 

If you are still unable to update, I would next sign out and sign back into the Quicken program. To do this, please follow the steps below. 
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts 

2. Click sign in as a different user 

3. Type "yes" to sign out 

Once this has been completed, please attempt to update once more and let us know the results. 

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately they didn't resolve the issue. I get the same OL-362-A messages: ""Your institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file." These are Direct Connect downloads from four different brokerages in a new Quicken file set up yesterday, using the latest version. I should note that sometimes all the accounts download, sometimes some of them do, and most times none of them do.
  • SusieQ64
    SusieQ64 Member
    I am also having the OL-362-A errors. The above resolution did not fix the errors.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hello @Fred C Dobbs and @SusieQ64

Thank you for the response although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support 

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs and escalate the issue if necessary. 

Thank you, 
    -Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • Looking through the threads I see that quite a number of people have reported the same problem over the last few months, all with Direct Connect brokerage accounts, with no resolution.

Anecdotally, the later in the evening I try to update the more likely it is to work. This makes me think the issue is on the server side or with the aggregator.
  • pkeegan
    pkeegan Member ✭✭✭
    The OL-362-A errors have been happening to me, too, every week or 2 for many months. The problem goes away when I restart Quicken. They are all Direct Connect brokerage accounts. It happens with both one step update and update from register.
  • JWise
    JWise Member ✭✭
    Has anyone contact quicken support and this issue has been resolved and they can post it here?
This discussion has been closed.