quickfill

Options
when entering (for example my monthly paycheck) in my checking account quickfill picks up the data from a year ago -- I think it should pick from the most recent entry. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    QuickFill gets its information from the Memorized Payee List (found on the Tools menu).

When you have multiple entries per payee it become "ambiguous" of which one should be selected as the default.
    Over time this has changed in Quicken from the "first" to last used and such.  There has never been a "guarantee" of which one you are going to get.  It is one reason that for downloaded transaction matching to these I have always ensured that I only have one per payee, and I lock it, so that if I need to change it, it will change just for that one transaction and not add another entry in the payee.

If you are doing manual entry and have multiple entries for a given payee you can use the down arrow or select from the list to get to the other possible entries.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    QuickFill gets its information from the Memorized Payee List (found on the Tools menu).

When you have multiple entries per payee it become "ambiguous" of which one should be selected as the default.
    Over time this has changed in Quicken from the "first" to last used and such.  There has never been a "guarantee" of which one you are going to get.  It is one reason that for downloaded transaction matching to these I have always ensured that I only have one per payee, and I lock it, so that if I need to change it, it will change just for that one transaction and not add another entry in the payee.

If you are doing manual entry and have multiple entries for a given payee you can use the down arrow or select from the list to get to the other possible entries.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lcpatz
    lcpatz Member
    Options
    Thank you Chris. That worked for me.,