Cash balance not showing in up in TDA investment account

Options
rvmeush
rvmeush Member ✭✭
I just set up Quicken Deluxe for Mac and have been adding accounts linked to my brokerage accounts. I added an investment account for a TDA Advisor Client account. The downloaded items seem okay but the balance in the Quicken account is not reflecting a negative balance in the cash account associated with the brokerage account. I cannot find any way for the Quicken account information to account for cash in the brokerage account. Can anyone give me any guidance on how to set up the Quicken account settings so that cash is properly accounted for? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rvmeush

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you navigate to the portfolio view of the account do you have a cash section listed?

If not, can you then go to the transaction view and see if you have a running balance? If not, what type of transactions do you have this account? Are you buying shares or withdrawing money from this account?

The more information you can provide the better able to assist the Community will be.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • rvmeush
    rvmeush Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for getting back on this topic. My account is a managed account at TDA (AdvisorClient). The Portfolio view of Quicken shows a Value which is the sum total of all the Portfolio holdings that are listed (and which agrees with what TDA shows). There is no item listed as Cash in the Portfolio view.

In the Transaction view there is a running balance but the current balance is 0. If I look at my holdings using the TDA web access for this account, I see a Long Position balance which is the sum of the values of all the portfolio holdings. However, there is also an item on the TDA webpage which shows a large negative balance for Cash. This negative cash balance is reflected in the TDA web page for the Total Market Value of the account - but the negative cash balance is not shown anywhere in my Quicken view of the account.

I believe that the negative cash balance listed at TDA is due to a margin loan in this account. Is there some special way that I need to have Quicken reflect the negative cash balance so that the correct Total Market Value of this account will be shown?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @rvmeush

Thank you for the response and the additional details. 

What you will need to is do is enter a  "Payment/Deposit" type transaction and enter the missing amount to adjust the account balance.

I have included a video that shows how to create a "Payment/Deposit" transaction.

The transaction type "Payment/Deposit" allows you to enter a banking type transaction in an investment account.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.