Filter securities in Investing Account

Options
from the menu Investing --> Investing Accounts --> "specific account" is there a way to filter out only a specific security?

i'm taking over Quicken responsibilities for my dad (so i'm new at this) and i need to add a bunch of transactions. it would be much easier if i was only seeing the specific security that i want to add transactions for.

in the display for Fidelity i'm seeing Puritan, Balanced, bond fund, etc. i want to work on adding past transactions for Puritan so i would like to only see that security displayed.

thanks!!

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe when you have copied a transaction and are going to paste it in, you do NOT need to be on the blank line at the end of the list.  You can rt-click anywhere in the transaction list, select 'Paste transaction", and the window for the new (paste-in) transaction opens.  It will not be overwriting the transaction where you did the rt-click.  
  • gwa000
    gwa000 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just tried your suggestion about pasting anywhere. It works without overwriting the transaction you paste over.

thanks!!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're using the Enter Transactions wizards, I suggest you sort the transaction list by security to group the transactions by security.  Otherwise, you may use a customized Investment Transactions report to view the security's transactions while modifying the transaction list.
  • gwa000
    gwa000 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tip.

while sorting helps so i can see everything sequentially for a particular security i still have to scroll all the way to the bottom to enter a new transaction. i basically do a copy of a particular transaction then scroll to the bottom where there is an entry for a new transaction (i.e. has the current date) and then do a paste on that. that opens a dialog where i can change the date, amounts, etc.

works, but i always have to keep scrolling to the bottom of the list of the transactions to enter the next one.

it's an improvement but i would think that Quicken would allow you to filter transactions in the transaction list. would make it a lot easier for entering a batch of transactions.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe when you have copied a transaction and are going to paste it in, you do NOT need to be on the blank line at the end of the list.  You can rt-click anywhere in the transaction list, select 'Paste transaction", and the window for the new (paste-in) transaction opens.  It will not be overwriting the transaction where you did the rt-click.  
  • gwa000
    gwa000 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Just tried your suggestion about pasting anywhere. It works without overwriting the transaction you paste over.

thanks!!