How do I enter a crypto transaction in Quicken?

Options

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I created a Quicken investing Account for my Coinbase account and created "securities" for my various coin holdings.  You're limited to 6 figures to the right of the decimal point for the number of "shares" so typical Buy or Sell actions will usually result in a few cents differences in the total amounts, which I've basically ignored, but I do put the full 8 digit holding in the memo area.  You can get around this if you wish by moving the decimal point for the "shares" two places to the right and moving the decimal point for the "quote" two places to the left.
    This works fine if you're not a very active trader.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I created a Quicken investing Account for my Coinbase account and created "securities" for my various coin holdings.  You're limited to 6 figures to the right of the decimal point for the number of "shares" so typical Buy or Sell actions will usually result in a few cents differences in the total amounts, which I've basically ignored, but I do put the full 8 digit holding in the memo area.  You can get around this if you wish by moving the decimal point for the "shares" two places to the right and moving the decimal point for the "quote" two places to the left.
    This works fine if you're not a very active trader.