The quicken file contains no budgetable accounts or categories problem - AGAIN

Options
On Windows 10 Home, running Quicken version R32.12, build 27.1.32.12

On selecting the Planning tab to try building a budget (again), I get the "... file contains no budgetable accounts...." error message.

To resolve, I've copied my Quicken data file, opened the new copy, run a file validation. Same problem with the planning tab.

Went back to my original data file, copied it again (new name); then run a SUPER validation on this new data file copy. I was able to access the Planning tab. Great!

So, I created a first pass simple budget to test using this tool. Then I closed this data file copy.

Re-opened my original file, planning tab failed as I expected.

Went back to my data file copy - the one where after super validating I was able to use the planning / budget tool - and now I GET THE "... FILE CONTAINS NO BUDGETABLE ACCOUNTS...." ERROR - IN THE FILE WHERE JUST FIVE MINUTES AGO I SUCCESSFULLY CREATED A TEST BUDGET.

How do I resolve this so I can use the budget tool?? Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @PostProdGuy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @PostProdGuy

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• GuyManDude
    GuyManDude Member ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Options
    [Removed - Rant/Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.