Chase - not able to download multiple account logins

bwonish
bwonish Member ✭✭
I am currently unable to download transactions from chase bank for all of my accounts (4). Half of my accounts are set up under one login and the others under a separate user account (my wife's). One-step update used to handle this just fine. over the past couple months, it has stopped working.

The accounts have all been set up to download transactions and used to receive transactions every day. Now, only the accounts set up with the most recently configured login works. Example:

Account A & B have not been receiving transactions from Chase. I then open up Account Settings for Account A, go to online services, try to reset the account. That doesn't fix the issue. I then deactivate the account and reset it up. This works! When going through the account set up process, I receive a message that Account C and D are not found and I should delete them from One-step update.

Account C and D are still stored with their user name and password. If I go into Account C and try to do download just on Account C, the one-step update window pops up, but it shows the user account from Account A.

If I go through the reset / Deactivate / activate for Account C and D, I then have the same issues with Accounts A & B.

So it appears that recent updates have broken the ability to store separate account logins for the same bank within one-step update.

Similarly -- I am having an issue with the One-step update summary. It shows the "services" that are updated, but has stopped showing which accounts were downloaded or the # of transactions, that area is just blank. Check box is enabled for just showing the last update. Check box for only showing errors is not checked.

Any thoughts?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should de-activate ALL of the accounts initially and then do the reconnect.  Doing one then the other can cause the issue you describe.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bwonish
    bwonish Member ✭✭
    @splasher - thanks for the feedback. I took the painful step of disconnecting all of my accounts and slowly reconnecting them. But i am back at a spot where one step update appears to run, some accounts are updated, others are not, and the one step update summary is blank. I check the box to only show the last update, and now i am not seeing any results (even though some accounts are being updated and appear to have the blue icon next to them that they have new transactions). I am not seeing most of my accounts update at this point (much worse than before). I have had to start manually downloading transactions regularly again which is a major pain point for me.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Quicken Support can help.  I know for a fact that what you ask is possible.  The wife and I have multiple accounts with Discover Bank under different username/passwords and Quicken downloads them separately successfully.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• barryi
    barryi Member ✭✭
    Wondering if this has been resolved since I am having the same or similar issue on a Mac. Same bank but different userid's, one for me and our joint accounts and one for a spouse account. If I add accounts for both userid's I do get all the accounts in Quicken. But when I go to update, only the first userid accounts get updated and I get a Quicken error which I assume is on the spouse userid. Since they are the same bank, I'm wondering if Quicken is attempting to access the spouse account on my userid? Not a huge problem since I can update the spouse account by a manual download, but still would like to know if this can be done with the automatic update.
  • Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    I, too, am having the same issue. 2 sets of credentials at same bank - Quicken is not handling it well at all.
  • Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    Never mind - I got it working. I had to disconnect all accounts for the bank and re-establish on-line connections with one set of credentials and then with the other set. Now we are good.
  • @bwonish it seems like your issue is with your Quicken data file and not necessarily with Chase and multiple sign-ons.  Have you tried some troubleshooting steps?  

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

• Paul Therrien
    Paul Therrien Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Following up - I found that one of my accounts was not mapping correctly. A checking account kept getting associated with an old account from another institution and it took me a number of tries to get this one account to map correctly. I have 4 accounts at one institution - checking, savings, loan, credit card. All accounts were already linked in quicken except the checking. Each time i tried to connect the accounts in quicken quicken would show 'do not add to quicken' as the linking action. I realized that the checking account was already 'linked' to an old closed account at another institution. I had to go into the old account and update it to 'closed' and remove the linked information. Once I did that and reconnected with my bank the checking account was now able to be linked - but I had to manually select the checking account from the 'link to account' list. Quicken could not automatically select the account. I think it is correct now. Quicken can be awfully finicky and annoying.
  • @paul therrien - when connecting accounts always confirm what account is on the other end of a "Connect To Existing".  Once you connect to the wrong accounts, it is a mess to clean up.  
This discussion has been closed.