how to reconcile individual transactions

citybluz
citybluz Member
I have been using Quicken for many years on Windows. I just recently moved to Mac... Still mixed feelings about this transition. The way I prefer to do my reconciliation, I manually mark each transaction as reconciled if it has posted to the bank. I cannot figure out how to do this in the mac version. I still don't even understand why the same app has to look and behave so differently between Windows and Mac, but that's another beef. Is there a way to reconcile individual transaction without having to do an account reconcile? Thanks!

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes. It's not the way Reconcile is intended to work, and it will defeat the great feature of having a history of reconciliations which, in the future, could alert you to an inadvertently edited or deleted transaction somewhere in your history. But if you want to mark individual transactions reconciled, you first need the Clr column to be visible in your register; if it's not, click on Columns in the bottom menu bar and check Clr to add that column to your register.

The Clr column has three states for any transaction: empty (blank checkbox), cleared (blue checkbox), and reconciled (green checkbox). If you clic in the box, it will toggle between empty and the blue checkmark. To get the aren reconciled checkmark, hold down the option key while clicking in the Clr box; it will now toggle between empty, cleared and reconciled. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes. It's not the way Reconcile is intended to work, and it will defeat the great feature of having a history of reconciliations which, in the future, could alert you to an inadvertently edited or deleted transaction somewhere in your history. But if you want to mark individual transactions reconciled, you first need the Clr column to be visible in your register; if it's not, click on Columns in the bottom menu bar and check Clr to add that column to your register.

The Clr column has three states for any transaction: empty (blank checkbox), cleared (blue checkbox), and reconciled (green checkbox). If you clic in the box, it will toggle between empty and the blue checkmark. To get the aren reconciled checkmark, hold down the option key while clicking in the Clr box; it will now toggle between empty, cleared and reconciled. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.