How do I get more complete updated transaction information for Zelle?

Using one step update my Zelle payments download from BofA but only information shown is "Zelle" and the confirmation # but not the person's name. This is not helpful for Quicken to recognize payees.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may want to discuss this with BofA Support. They are in charge of what tidbits of data get downloaded into Quicken ... but then again, they may have to work with Zelle to get better data downloads from them ...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Anything in the memo?
    Is the data different than what is on the BofA site?

Determining all that might pin down where the information is being dropped.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • BalboaGal
    BalboaGal Member
    Thanks. B of A transactions show the person's name but it doesn't download into Quicken (not payee or memo). I"ll try to connect with B of A support but that's often time consuming and unhelpful.
  • mattmcmatt
    mattmcmatt Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with BofA downloads for Zelle payments but not for other banks (e.g. Chase). Was there any success with BofA support?
  • mattmcmatt
    mattmcmatt Member ✭✭
    I create a ticket (6577) with Bofa Digital Support only to be told this is desired functionality so I asked them to log an enhancement.

Note as I researched this issue more all the other download formats from BofA (e.g CSV, QIF) have the Zelle person name in the data so matching rules can be create in Quicken. Only the QFX files does not have this data.

If others want to log a BofA ticket here is the info: Digital Support Department 800-933-6262, press #9 for the list and then option #1
    Login to mobile app and ask Erika for Tech support.
  • It seems like the zelle transactions are even less recognizeable. I was able to edit, like check on the BofA site, but it still didn't download with the name. Bank of America had no solution, neither did Quicken.
  • mattmcmatt
    mattmcmatt Member ✭✭
    Note: this started working for me with BofA in late 2022. The BofA Zelle transactions now download with part of the sender name and that is enough for me to now create matching rules
This discussion has been closed.