Is there a known issue with "Bill and Income Reminders" ?

Options
Specifically, when a known monthly income is received, but not necessarily on the expected date, say 3-4 days later, then the next due date is pushed forward to
2 months later, rather than the next month.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Steve22

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

This issue will need troubleshooting to help isolate the cause of his behavior. I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve22 said:
    Specifically, when a known monthly income is received, but not necessarily on the expected date, say 3-4 days later, then the next due date is pushed forward to
    2 months later, rather than the next month.

How, exactly, is the income reminder defined?
    Monthly, on [date]? What is the Due Date?
    Remind me [xx] days in advance or Auto enter [xx] days in advance? What is the number of days? Is it 28 or greater?
    Personally, I would record the income a few days before the planned due date, to advance the reminder to its next scheduled due date. If necessary, one can always adjust the register transaction's date to make it match the actual arrival date.
This discussion has been closed.