"Go To" current date while working in a register (Q Mac)

Options
Bill8
Bill8 Member ✭✭
I often search for amounts, payee names, etc. while working within a register. It would be convenient to have a keyboard shortcut to go back to where I started when I opened the register, especially when a search reveals I haven't entered something already). (I'm *NOT* talking about using T in the date field for a transaction.) Right now, I use a workaround by clicking "Date" in the column heading 2x. Quicken then sorts the dates twice, and the final one brings me to the current date line. Now that I think of it, maybe that's faster than any unique keyboard shortcut -- except maybe <command> + T
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Clicking the Date heading twice will just change the sort order between ascending and descending twice, but if you've clicked on a transaction int he register, changing the sort order will not de-select that transaction to return you to the top or bottom of the register. 

Pressing Function-Left arrow is the "home" keyboard command in macOS, and in a Quicken register, it returns you to the top of the register. (Function-right arrow takes you to the bottom of the register, if you're adding from the bottom.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Clicking the Date heading twice will just change the sort order between ascending and descending twice, but if you've clicked on a transaction int he register, changing the sort order will not de-select that transaction to return you to the top or bottom of the register. 

Pressing Function-Left arrow is the "home" keyboard command in macOS, and in a Quicken register, it returns you to the top of the register. (Function-right arrow takes you to the bottom of the register, if you're adding from the bottom.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.