Importing really old data

d_d
d_d Member
I used Quicken a really long time ago, and have an old (Win) backup from 2008. I just bought the latest version for Mac. Can I import this old version (many of the accounts are the same, and I would like to have that history) even though I'd have a 13+ year gap in the data? Or am I better off just starting from scratch?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you want to import into QMac, this is really a Mac question.  I've asked a Mod to move it to the Mac forum.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try.  Here's an article on converting Windows to Mac Quicken
    https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016 

But you may have to first convert your old data to a newer version of WIndows Quicken.  Do you have access to a WIndows computer to convert on?  Like a family or friends?  Quicken can give you an intermediate program to help you.   See this…..

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• d_d
    d_d Member
    I do have a Windows VM so I don't think that part will be a problem. I'm a little concerned about the 13-year gap in the data, as I don't really have that data, so I don't know what that will do to my balances... do I just insert a net entry to get the data to reconcile to current starting balance? Or does Quicken have a way to deal with gaps in data?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just start a NEW data file going forward.  Just keep the old data file separate if you need to look up something.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.